Today a portrait session can be at any location, from the comfort of your own bed to trekking the wilderness in 3 inch heels. It's all about you and your personality.
Nature is the perfect backdrop
The natural light, fresh air, wind blowing and nature in the background will definitely make the photos more captivating.
- Decide if you are looking for a formal or casual look.
- Avoid motif’s and busy patterns.
- It’s not necessary for all clothing to match but it is best that clothing is complimentary in colour eg: all the same colour tone …autumn, summer.
add some props
By adding a personal item or two to the photos, this creates more of a warm feeling with the images.
- It is important that children are happy and comfortable.
- A change of clothes is recommended for young children.
- Packing a snack for your children should they need a break.
don't be afraid of colour
The attire for portrait photo's doesn't have to be boring, a littles splash of colour creates big difference.
- For young girls, avoid putting long hair back too tight - it can look better having hair framing the face.
- Allow 1 to 2 hours for each photo session, to ensure that we get a good variety of photos for you to choose from.
- Teenagers … what can I say? Don’t stress, it won’t help! Haha.